– Supplements And Herbs For Depression
Here is a quick overview of useful supplements and herbs for depression.
Some of the dietary supplementations that depression sufferers have benefited from include:
- B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin D and other vitamins
- Minerals like Chromium, Copper, Iron, Lithium, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Zinc and Selemium
- Tryptophan, Tyrosine and L-phenylalanine, SAM e and other amino acids
- Hormones like Estrogen, Progesterone and Testosterone, DHEA, Human Growth Hormone, Melatonin, Pregnenolone, and the Thyroid Hormone.
- Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
- Quercetin (to build up the body’s store of histamine)
Besides the above supplements and herbs for depression, the following are also useful for dealing with conditions contributing to depression:
- For candida-linked depression – Oregano, Citrus seed extract, Caprylic acid, Garlic, Hydrochloric acid, Olive Oil, Berberine, Lactobacillus, German chamomile, Aloe vera, Cinnamon, Ginger, Licorice oil and Rosemary etc.
- For hypoglycemia-linked depression – Flax or Linseed oil, Garlic, Chromium picolinate, Magnesium, Niacin (B3), Vitamin C and Glutamin, etc.
- For food-allergy-linked depression – Cayenne pepper, Marshmallow herb, Slippery elm bark, Cabbage juice, Okra, Fenugreek, Aloe vera, Goldenseal, Red sage, Goldenrod, and Pancreatic enzymes, etc.
- For depression caused by mineral and heavy metal detoxification – EDTA and Vitamin C, etc.
For a more detailed understanding of how the above supplements and herbs for depression work, read more on the natural remedies for depression.
If you are unsure about where to start, begin with the Holistic-Depression-Help step-by-step guide to overcoming your depression naturally.
To find affordable and quality supplies of these supplements and herbs for depression, click here.
Follow this site